You understand the importance digital media plays in your marketing plan. You’ve set distinct, measureable, time-bound goals for your business. Now, it’s time to learn how to employ the Inbound Marketing Trifecta – social media, blogging and email marketing to reach your goals.
We’ve written this blog as a primer for your knowledge on digital marketing. Let’s get started!
Social Media – Get the Word Out
- Social Media is the easiest way to get the word out about your business and increase your referrals. People are making purchasing decisions based on whether or not you have a Facebook page.
- You hope your clients will refer you if they get in a conversation with someone specifically about your service, but the chances are that they will refer you to all of their friends if the topic doesn’t come up is unlikely. That is where social media comes in.
- The average Facebook user has 229 friends. Say your page has 100 Fans. Every time you post something, if it is shared by your Fans, the potential reach could be thousands of people!
Blogging – Connect with Your Clients
- A blog is a collection of thoughts on your website. This is a great place to put stories, helpful information, tips, success stories and the latest and greatest about your business. The most important part of a blog is that it helps your Google Rankings.
- The more you blog, the better your website will do. This is a great way to humanize your business and have your clients get to know you better.
Email Marketing – Stay Top of Mind
Email Marketing is the act of sending out email blasts to your current customers. This could include:
- Articles about your business
- Referral Info
- Tips, Coupons & Monthly specials
- Links and incentives to connect with your social media
- Links and incentives to draw people to your website
- Cross promotional info about other businesses and their specials. Hopefully they will feature your business for their customers as well.
Putting the Pieces Together
Once you have all of these pieces in place, you’ll begin to see some pretty neat things happen:
- When you do an email blast, you excerpt to some content on your blog and drive traffic to your website. With all of the new visits you are getting to your website, you start seeing that your Google rankings are starting to improve when someone in your area is searching for the product or service you provide.
- Your email blasts bring more people to your social media pages. People start liking and commenting more on your posts and sharing them. A friend who is in need of your particular product or services sees this and calls you.
- You partner up with a neighboring business. You both agree to mention the other business in your regular email blasts to your clients or on your social media pages. That is a win-win situation for everyone involved.
- You put a helpful tool on your website or have a really interesting blog post that people will want to read. You mention this and link to your website on your social media pages and drive traffic to your website and blog, thus again helping your search engine optimization or Google rankings.
You get the idea. You generate more top of mind awareness and people refer you more readily. We all know how big referrals are in this business. Imagine the power of getting just a few extra referrals a month and what a huge impact that would have on your bottom line.
The main goal for all businesses should be to build trust and confidence with current and potential customers. The more you build this the more you will build your business.